Ed and Les at the 2013 Annual Bull Sale.

ABOUT US >>

Hall Ranch is located in Keya Paha and Rock counties in north central Nebraska, straddling the scenic Niobrara River. With a mix of sandhills and hard grass hills the operation runs registered Black Angus cow/calf pairs, yearlings and sells two year old Angus bulls at their annual production sale.
 
Ed and Carolyn’s maternal great grandfather and uncle purchased the original land 13 miles northeast of Bassett in Keya Paha county in February of 1901. Their grandparents Bert & Minnie Genung managed the ranch from December of 1901 until Lou and Louise Genung Hall came in 1937 to raise their family and manage the ranch.
 
Ed and Carolyn Hall were given a fatherly push into the registered Angus business when he convinced them to purchase 20 Bardoliermere, Blackcap and Eileenmere cows at a dispersion sale in 1960.
 
Ed and his wife, Betty, assumed management in 1966 and continued in the Angus tradition, raising their three children, Les, Kyla and Cody.  Replacements were home-raised until the early 1970’s when some Emulous-bred cattle were introduced. Breeding in the 1980’s saw use of Lone Star and Paragon.

Les and his wife, Rachel, returned to the ranch in 1992. Demand for Angus females and Les’s return prompted the use of artificial insemination, which is a driving force in the operation today.

© 2015 Hall Ranch by Craig Hall

  • w-google+
  • Twitter Clean
  • w-facebook